Lonicera xylosteum. Fly Woodbine. N. O. Caprifoliaceae. Trituration or tincture of berries.
Clinical.-Coma vigil. Convulsions.
Characteristics.-Lon. xylost. is known from the effect of poisoning by its berries. Vomiting and purging; trembling and jerking of the limbs, convulsions and coma were the chief symptoms. Peculiar symptoms were: Contraction of one pupil and dilatation of the other. Abdomen retracted especially in umbilical region. Slow pulse.
Relations.-Compare: Dig. (slow pulse). Cad. s. and Rhod. (one pupil contracted, the other dilated). For botan. relations see Lon. peri.
2. Head.-Great congestion of head and chest.
3. Eyes.-Conjunctiva red.-Pupils dilated.-Contraction of one pupil, dilatation of the other.-Everything foggy and indistinct to vision for half an hour.-Photophobia.
6. Face.-Face red.-Pallor.-Lips dry.
8. Mouth.-Tongue moist; coated with mucus.
11. Stomach.-Excessive thirst.-Profuse vomiting; and purging.
12. Abdomen.-Abdomen retracted, esp. in umbilical region; soft.-Violent colic.
13. Stool.-Bloody stools.
17. Respiratory Organs.-Respiration rapid and deep.
19. Heart.-Violent impulse of heart.-Pulse: slow; small, soft, irregular.
24. Generalities.-Frequent jerking of limbs.-Trembling and jerking of whole body.-Violent convulsions.-Seemed neither to hear nor see; unable to make answer.-When raised from bed, limbs and head fall over as if paralysed.
26. Sleep.-Sleepy.-Constant deep sleep with half-open eyes; red face.
27. Fever.-Extremities cold.-Fever.-Profuse cold sweat.
Lonicera Xylosteum. is available at Remedia Homeopathymore information and order at Remedia Homeopathy
66,000 customers from 67 countries