Narcotinum.more information and order at Remedia Homeopathy
An alkaloid obtained from Opium. C22H23NO7. Trituration.
Clinical.-Bladder, paralysis of.
Characteristics.-Narcotinum has been rather extensively proved, but very few distinctive symptoms were elicited. The most notable symptoms were dry, clammy mouth; thick, indistinct speech, and paralysis of bladder. The vertiginous symptoms were like those of Morphin., and the general symptoms those of Opium and its other alkaloids.
1. Mind.-Calm, placid, pleasurable sensation.-Difficulty in fixing attention.
2. Head.-Mazy, confused sensation.-Vertigo and nausea < on motion or exertion.-Headache and roaring in head.
3. Eyes.-Eyes congested.-Vision blurred.-Pupils contracted.
6. Face.-Expression dull.-Face red.
8. Mouth.-Mouth dry and clammy.-Speech thick and indistinct.
11. Stomach.-No appetite; no thirst.-Sudden nausea and vomiting on least exertion.-Paroxysms of easy vomiting.-Vomiting > all symptoms.
13. Stool.-Constipation; but less than Morphine.
14. Urinary Organs.-Slow evacuation of urine from deficient contractile power.-Torpor of bladder, quite unable to empty it.-Urine diminished.
17. Respiratory Organs.-Voice changed, hoarse.-(Chronic cough removed.).-Breathing short, hurried.
18. Chest.-Agreeable warmth in chest with deep breathing.
19. Heart.-Pulse accelerated; later retarded.
23. Lower Limbs.-Staggering gait.
24. Generalities.-Languor and lassitude.
25. Skin.-Peculiar disagreeable crawling in limbs.-Considerable itching of whole surface, esp. nose and inside of thighs.
26. Sleep.-Somnolence.-When dozing, all sorts of grotesque figures dance before the sight; or sensation of falling into an immense fire in company of same figures; with the falling sensation there was starting.
27. Fever.-Chilliness; chattering of teeth; coldness.-Universal sensation of warmth.-Heat and redness of face.-Much sweat, wetting all clothes next the skin.