Hedeoma.more information and order at Remedia Homeopathy
Hedeoma pulegioides. American Pennyroyal (the British "Pennyroyal" is Mentha pulegium, also a Labiate). N. O. Labiatae. Tincture of whole fresh plant.
Clinical.-Amenorrhoea. Dysmenorrhoea. Leucorrhoea.
Characteristics.-Both the American and the British "Pennyroyals" have a popular reputation as "female regulators," which is by no means undeserved. Homoeopaths have verified the relation of the drug to uterine ailments, and an observation by Dr. Toothaker of a case of poisoning affords valuable ground for homoeopathic prescribing. Bearing-down pains were most marked, < by any movement, and accompanied by almost paralytic weakness of the legs. Nervous symptoms were very prominent, jerkings and twitchings. Weak, faint, > lying down; inability to sit up. Pains in abdomen < after eating or drinking. < By touch and pressure.
Relations.-Compare: Mentha pulegium, Sep., Sabi., Lil. t. Veratrum antidoted some of its effects.
2. Head.-Dull, heavy feeling in head in morning, not continued through day.-Sore pain in l. temporal ridge, as of a cut or wound, lasting about six weeks.
9. Throat.-Sensation of something rising in throat, or as if her breast were coming up into her mouth.-Great difficulty in swallowing, it nearly took her breath away.
11. Stomach.-Nausea, a rising-up sensation from stomach, producing occasional retching.-Excessive retching, nausea and straining.
12. Abdomen.-Abdomen very sore and sensitive to touch and pressure.
13. Stool and Anus.-Obstinate constipation; painful evacuations every four or five days.
14. Urinary Organs.-Frequent urgent desire to pass water; passes very little; cutting, burning pains with tenesmus of sphincter urinarius.
16. Female Sexual Organs.-Excessive bearing-down pains with pressure outward towards vulva, from whole lower abdomen, accompanied by almost unendurable pains in back, drawing down from upper sacral spine, extending also to epigastrium and stomach; like veritable labour-pains; returning with regular periodicity if she remained at rest; greatly < by the least movement; she lay on the floor on a small mattress, and could not be removed, on account of the aggravation, until the following day; < by the least food or drink.-Leucorrhoea with itching and burning (commenced sixth day and lasted some weeks).
17. Respiratory Organs.-Shortness of breath as if from an asthmatic attack.-Frequent, periodical dyspnoea with oppression of thorax.
20. Back.-Unendurable pains in back, esp. in sacral spine near the upper vertebrae, dragging down from that point to uterus.-Excessive pains in back and head.
21. Limbs.-Semi-paralysis of limbs; could not stand or move, or bear the pain of movement.-Pain and coldness of limbs, esp. of feet.
24. Generalities.-Affected all her nerves; nervous twitchings and jerkings in all the fibres of the body, sensible in the pulse or wherever the observer's fingers touched the flesh.-Semi-paralysis.-Prostration following retching.-General soreness.
Hedeoma pulegioides is available at Remedia Homeopathymore information and order at Remedia Homeopathy
66,000 customers from 67 countries