Paullinia pinnata. N. O. Sapindaceae. Tincture of fresh root.
Clinical.-Cramps. Diarrhoea. Head, pains in. Heart, pain in. Neuralgia.
Characteristics.-Paul. p. is less well known than Paullinia sorbilis, better known under its name Guarana (see Vol. I.). It was proved by Mure, but I do not know of any clinical experience with the remedy. The predominating pains were lancinating, stitching, and pressing. Constricting pains as with iron bands or with iron plates. Head, abdomen, and chest furnished the largest number of symptoms. The symptoms were < by motion; by inspiration. > In open air (neck); by friction (pain in right shoulder). There was an unusual longing for coffee-to smell and drink it. Sensation as if the chest opened on drawing a breath.
1. Mind.-Fear of becoming consumptive.-Sad; drowsy; lazy.
2. Head.-Pain above eyes piercing to brain.-Pain with inability to bend head forward.-Hammering sensation in l. temple; in vertex.-Headache as if head were covered with a leaden cap and then struck upon.-Great itching and suppuration at back of head.
3. Eyes.-Pains in eyebrows intersecting at root of nose.-Lancinations in eyes with lachrymation.
4. Ears.-Cutting in cartilage of l. ear extending to neck.-Heat in ears.-Roaring in l. ear.
8. Mouth.-Pain in r. teeth.-Rough, swollen tongue; it feels thick.-Mouth dry; bitter.-Profuse saliva.
9. Throat.-Scraping; digging; itching in throat.
11. Stomach.-Appetite increased; or diminished.-Desires coffee and fruit.-Nausea on waking.-Sensation while talking as if a stone were buried deep in stomach.
12. Abdomen.-Pain as from tight cord round hypochondria.-Borborygmi.-Lancinations: in liver; spleen; umbilicus; groins.
13. Stool.-Constipation.-Diarrhoea.-Colic followed by reddish diarrhoeic stool, mixed with slime.
14. Urinary Organs.-Frequent and ineffectual urging to urinate.-Ardor urinae.
16. Female Sexual Organs.-Momentary stabbing in ovaries.
17. Respiratory Organs.-Hoarse voice.-Violent cough with inflammation of throat.-Dry cough.-Yellowish, bitter, difficult, and tenacious expectoration.-Short, rapid breathing.
18. Chest.-Oppression.-Pressure as from an iron band round waist; with pricking in upper chest, < during movement.-Pressure on chest as if squeezed between iron plates and then stabbed.-Burning; itching; lancinations in chest.-Chest feels if breaking open with a crash; while drawing a breath.-Burning in chest across breast, which feels as if compressed by an iron band.-Lancinations under r. breast.-Pain in l. breast.-Pain as of knife thrust in l. nipple at regular intervals.
19. Heart.-Pain in heart extending to last ribs, 6 p.m.-Lancination in praecordial region.
20. Neck and Back.-Pain in neck > in open air.-Burning all down back.-Bruised pain in loins; cannot raise herself after stooping.
22. Upper Limbs.-Numbness in shoulders and arms.-Pain in wrists.-Cramp in l. palm.
23. Lower Limbs.-Pricking as with innumerable pins in l. thigh.-Weakness and heaviness of legs.-Numbness of feet after going up stairs.-Pain under sole when walking, < by pressure.
24. Generalities.-Staggering gait.-Pressive and lancinating pains; as if stone or knife driven into side.-Feels bruised all over.-Pains in joints.
25. Skin.-Red patches on face and chest.-Itching in hands and fingers so that she scratches them raw.
26. Sleep.-Sleepless.-Sleep restless.-Dreams: disgusting; of lepers; of dead people.
27. Fever.-Coldness.-Shuddering with drowsiness.-Alternate heat and coldness of face.-Heat: of face; of soles of feet.
Paullinia Pinnata. ist verfügbar bei Remedia HomöopathieMehr Information und bestellen bei Remedia Homöopathie
66,000 Kunden aus 67 Ländern