The salt springs of Hall in Upper Austria, containing chlorides, iodides, bromides, and carbonates of the alkalies and alkaline earths and iron; but by far the largest ingredient is chloride of sodium. Dilutions.
Clinical.-Breast, affections of. Exophthalmic goÃ®tre. Glands, enlarged. GoÃ®tre.
Characteristics.-Provings have been made of this water, many of them on patients suffering from goÃ®tre. Great weakness and exhausting night-sweats were produced and all the symptoms of cold in the head and chest. Many marked symptoms appeared in the mammary gland. Three different provers experienced them. A number of symptoms occur after sleep and some of them wake the prover in the night. One prover had a sensation as if her stomach would fall out, and as if her breasts would fall off. In many cases the pains are transient and acute, and return after a short interval.
Relations.-Compare: Nat. mur., Silica marit.; (stitches shooting out of nipple) Ol. an.
1. Mind.-Confusion of the senses.
2. Head.-Vertigo as if intoxicated.-Headache, esp. at first, sometimes increasing in severity and accompanied by vertigo, roaring in ears, sparks before eyes.-Drawing tearing in vertex towards r. temple.-Transient, painful tearings in occiput.
3. Eyes.-Heat, burning and violent watering of eyes, with feeling of catarrh in nose, as after smelling strong ammonia.
4. Ears.-Great difficulty of hearing.
5. Nose.-Frequent (violent) sneezing and feeling of commencing coryza.
6. Face.-Painful swelling of the lymphatic gland, size of pigeon's egg, r. side of face close to ear.
8. Mouth.-Accumulation of saliva.
9. Throat.-Frequent hawking with expectoration of mucus.-Burning and tickling; rawness as if tough mucus collected, difficult to loosen, with hoarseness; scraping.-Swelling of one of cervical glands (in a prover who had never had a swollen gland in her life before); in anterior portion of neck between hyoid bone and thyroid cartilage, size of walnut, painless, easily movable.-GoÃ®tre gradually disappeared.
11. Stomach.-Regurgitation of bitter nauseous fluid from stomach.-Acidity, like heartburn.-Qualmish nausea: in evening; on going to bed; on awaking.-Vomiting.-Painful sensation of emptiness in stomach and hunger, although she had eaten much supper; the stomach felt painful and sick, as if it would fall out.-Violent gnawing, like hunger, in stomach extending downward into intestines.
12. Abdomen.-Cutting griping in abdomen, commencing near r. side of navel, extending outward, then following course of colon to rectum, involving a large circle about navel, followed by rumbling as if for stool, lasting an hour and returning at short intervals.-Transient painful sensation in r. flank.
13. Stool and Anus.-Thin, pasty evacuations, increasing to diarrhoea.-Unusually hard, difficult stool.
14. Urinary Organs.-Increased secretion of pale urine.
16. Female Sexual Organs.-Menstruation unusually profuse at first, at the right time.-Menstruation lasting only one day (usually three).-Menstruation appeared without any pain (very remarkable, as she had always been subject to pains in abdomen therewith. The cure was permanent).
17. Respiratory Organs.-Hoarse; piping voice, scarcely audible.-Cough in morning after rising.-Dry cough in evening with catarrh, which became loose in morning.-Cough hoarse, barking, very violent, dry, croupy or like the cough of laryngeal phthisis.-Remarkable dyspnoea, with palpitation on ascending a slight elevation, followed by the appearance of menstruation.
18. Chest.-Oppression of chest with difficult breathing.-Frequent waking from sleep on account of sticking in r. side of thorax.-A transient stitch in sternum, above pit of stomach, wakes her from sleep at night.-Two very violent stitches r. side, just below r. breast, during rest.-Her breasts, which were usually firm and full, became small and flabby.-Transient burning and sticking in l. mamma.-Itching-sticking and burning superficially in l. nipple, temporarily > by rubbing, lasting 8 to 10 seconds, and returning after a short time.-Frequent stitches beneath l. breast.-Frequent transient stitches (very violent at times) in both breasts, with extreme sensitiveness, pressure of linen or bedclothes unendurable; sensation as if an ulcer forming deep in the breast; < by motion and touch; < at night, often waking her from sleep (lasted three weeks, and disappeared with the goÃ®tre).-Violent stitches in substance of r. breast, piercing the nipple from within outward, wakens her at night.-Great painfulness and heaviness in both breasts, esp. on touch and motion, both feeling as though they would fall off.
19. Heart.-Palpitation.-Pulse greatly accelerated.
20. Back.-Pain like sprain, extending from r. lumbar region, across r. side of small of back into r. ischium.
21. Limbs.-Trembling of the limbs.
22. Upper Limbs.-Unable to exert r. arm without violent pain in axilla, where was found a gland, dark red, swollen, hot, very painful to touch, size of a walnut (it gathered and broke in five days).-Drawing tearing pain in l. humerus to elbow; lower end of l. elbow as if in periosteum while sitting still, followed by some violent stitches just below l. breast close to its margin.
23. Lower Limbs.-Violent sticking as with needles in r. heel (lasts a quarter of an hour, and returns after short pause).
25. Skin.-Boils: r. eyebrow; r. breast; l. breast; back of r. upper arm.-Burning pains in skin of dorsal surface of l. forearm on oblong spot with slight redness.
26. Sleep.-Night restless, with many dreams; unpleasant.
Hall. ist verfügbar bei Remedia HomöopathieMehr Information und bestellen bei Remedia Homöopathie
66,000 Kunden aus 67 Ländern