Sea Kelp. N. O. Algae. Tincture and trituration of the dried plant.
Clinical.-Corpulence. Dyspepsia. GoÃ®tre.
Characteristics.-Fucus is a tissue-remedy of great power and must be compared with Iodine, of which it contains a large proportion. The symptoms have been obtained from patients taking the medicine for the reduction of obesity. The rapidity of digestion is increased and flatulency diminished. GoÃ®tre has been cured with it in teaspoonful doses of the tincture given two or three times a day.
2. Head.-Intolerable headache; forehead felt as if compressed by an iron ring.
11. Stomach.-Stomach acts with more rapidity, and the hour of repast is more impatiently looked for.-The act of digestion is no longer accompanied by flushings of the face, fulness, weight in epigastric region and fits of heat towards head.
12. Abdomen.-Flatulency diminished and then disappears.
13. Stool.-Obstinate constipation.
17. Respiratory Organs.-Sense of suffocation, esp. during menses.