Syphilinum.more information and order at Remedia Homeopathy
Luesinum. Lueticum. Syphilitic virus. A nosode. Attenuations.
Clinical.-Abscess; succession of abscesses. Alcoholism; hereditary craving for alcohol. Anus, fissure of. Aphasia. Asthma. Breasts sensitive. Bubo. Constipation. Crying of infants. Deafness. Deltoid rheumatism. Dentition. Diplopia. Dysmenorrhoea. Epilepsy. Headache; syphilitic. Hoarseness; before menses. Iritis. Leucorrhoea; infantile. Mouth, ulcerated. Myopia. Neuralgia. Night-sweats. Ophthalmia. Otorrhoea. Ovaries, affections of. Ozoena. Pemphigus. Psoas abscess. Ptosis. Rectum, stricture of. Rheumatism. Sciatica. Sleeplessness. Spine, caries of. Strabismus. Stricture. Sunstroke. Syphilis. Teeth, carious. Throat, ulcerated. Tibia, pains in. Tongue, cracked, ulcerated. Ulcers. Whitlow.
Characteristics.-I learnt the value of this nosode from Skinner, who has made with it some very brilliant cures. It has been proved by Swan in the potencies, and Hering's Schema, from which mine is taken, comprises also disease symptoms-marked "(n)"-and cured symptoms, which have generally the name and the disease appended. Cured cases of secondary syphilis I have marked "(s.s.)." The widespread distribution of syphilis, acquired and hereditary, and the virulence and persistence of the virus, give this nosode a high degree of importance in homoeopathic practice. It has been mainly, almost exclusively, employed by those who are familiar with the use of high attenuations. I have used no potency lower than 200, and rarely repeat the dose oftener than once a week. The leading features of the disease are the keynotes for the use of the remedy, and (1) first in importance is the "Night by going to mountains.-Fissures in anus and rectum.-Two indurated ulcers at mouth of anus somewhat sore; slight itching of anus (primary syphilis).
14. Urinary Organs.-Itching in orifice of urethra.-A sensation, in morning on going to urinate, as if male urethra were stuffed up or clogged, about an inch from orifice.-Scalding urine.-Urination difficult and very slow; no pain, but a want of power, so that he has to strain.-Urine infrequent, not oftener than once in twenty-four hours, scanty, of a golden-yellow colour.-Profuse urination after chill; passed during night nearly a chamberful.-Rich lemon-yellow scanty urine.-Frequent urging to urinate all night, at least from 7 p.m. until 5 a.m.
15. Male Sexual Organs.-Chancre on prepuce.-Buboes.-Burning in chancre size of a split pea, on prepuce above corona glandis; edges raised, bottom covered with lardaceous deposit; glans purple, on l. side covered by an exudation.-Chancre on penis, third in two years, all on same spot (s.s.).-Aching of genitals, could not sit still for over a month.-After suppressed chancre, disease attacked testes and scrotum, which became painful and swollen; this was supposed to be cured, but ever since, every few weeks, if exposed at all to damp weather would be seized with pain as if in kidneys, seemingly traversing ureters, but instead of passing into bladder followed spermatic cord, down groins and into testes; pain agonising, chiefly in cord, in present attack in r.; pricking in chancre.-Chancroid, phagedaenic, spreading rapidly; buboes commencing in each groin.-Inflammation and induration of spermatic cord.
16. Female Sexual Organs.-Uterus and all surrounding parts loose, soft and flabby; profuse, thick, yellow leucorrhoea; constant pain across small of back.-Yellow offensive leucorrhoea, watery or not, so profuse it daily soaks through napkins and runs to heels of stockings if much on her feet.-Profuse yellow leucorrhoea, < at night; in sickly, nervous children (inherited syphilis).-Soreness of genitals, and muco-purulent discharge, in a child.-Acrid discharge causing violent itching and inflammation of external organs, < at night from warmth of bed, parts very tender; itching and inflammation > during menses.-Nocturnal < of r. ovarian pain, preventing sleep.-Sore on r. labium majus, extending to l. (s.s.).-Menstruation painful, two weeks too soon; pink-red, bright, profuse, running free for some days; napkins wash easily.-Painful menstruation.-Sensitiveness of os uteri, < to intolerable pain at menses, or on introduction of finger or penis; frequently causes abortion (n).-Sharp zigzag shooting pains in region of uterus.-Ovaries congested and inflamed; tendency to ovarian tumours.-Sore aching in l. ovarian region, extending to r. with darting pains.-L. ovary swollen, during coitus, at moment of orgasm, a sharp cutting pain like a knife, and twice there was smarting as of a sore; ovary swelled so much that its size and shape could easily be felt through abdominal walls (caused by Buboin).-Uterine and ovarian diseases with pronounced nervous disorders, esp. in married women.-Mammae sensitive to touch, feeling sore; during menses, and at other times.
17. Respiratory Organs.-Hoarse, almost complete aphonia, day before menses.-Diseased cartilages of larynx (tertiary syphilis).-Chronic asthma, in summer, esp. when weather was warm and damp; most frequently in evening, passing off at daybreak.-Pain and oppression at bifurcation of bronchia and in larynx, it hurts her to breathe.-Attacks of spasmodic bronchial asthma for twenty-five years; they come on only at night after lying down or during a thunderstorm, producing most intense nervous insomnia, entirely preventing sleep for days and nights.-Violent attacks of dyspnoea, wheezing and rattling of mucus, from 1 to 4 a.m.-Cough: hard cough < at night, when it is continuous, preventing sleep.-Hard, constant cough, with thick, yellow, tasteless expectoration.-Dry, racking cough, with thick, purulent expectoration, caused by a sensation of rasping or scraping in throat, always at night.-Whooping-cough with terrible vomiting.-Cannot lie on r. side, as it causes a dry cough.-Muco-purulent expectoration, greyish, greenish, greenish-yellow, tasteless.-Expectoration without cough, quite clear, white, feels like a round ball and rushes into mouth.
18. Chest.-Rattling in chest and throat.-Soreness of chest, with great anguish and inability to retain a recumbent position; in winter, severe bronchial cough succeeded asthmatic attacks; a regular type of chills and fever developed; suffered from this many years ago.-Pain in centre of chest as if skin were drawn up, on drawing the head back.-Lack of sleep produces a sudden faintness and sinking sensation in chest; three spells succeeded each other during a single night.-Oppression of chest to such an extent as almost to arrest breathing; asthma caused by sensation as if sternum were being gradually drawn towards dorsal vertebrae; expansion of chest difficult; confusion of mind as if unconsciousness might follow.-Sensation of pressure under upper part of sternum.-Pain and pressure behind sternum.-Angina; ptosis l. eye; facial paralysis l. side, slight aphasia; impotence (relieved).-Eczematous herpetic eruptions on chest.
19. Heart.-Lancinating pains in heart at night, from base to apex (Medor. has reverse).-Valvular disease of heart.
20. Neck and Back.-Heavy aching and stiffness from base of neck up through muscles and cords into brain.-Caries of cervical spine with great curvature in same region, directly forward; pain in curvature always < at night (no proof of syphilis).-Enlargement of cervical glands and a number of pedunculated pin-head warts on neck, cured by Syco-syphilinum (hereditary syphilis; girl, 10).-Enlargement of glands in different parts of body, particularly abundant about neck; indurated and slightly painful, causing a sensation of fulness and suffusion in face, throat and head (n).-Enormous swelling of glands of head and neck (Hodgkin's disease).-Rigidity of muscles.-A heavy, dragging, dull feeling in lumbar region, with want of elasticity.-Great pain in back in region of kidneys, < after urinating (s.s.).-Pains commencing in sacral regions internally, and apparently coming around to uterus.-Pain at coccyx at its junction with sacrum, sometimes in lower sacral vertebrae; < on sitting, with a sensation as if swollen, though it is not.-Caries of dorsal vertebrae with acute curvature, for five months, every night most intense neuralgic pains, commencing generally from 5 to 7 p.m., and never terminating till about 5 a.m.; < by least motion, and slightly > by warm poultices.-Psoas abscess first l. then r.-Nocturnal < of pains in back, hips and thighs.
21. Limbs.-Aching pains in limbs like growing pains.-Gradual rigidity of all joints after eruption; flexors seem contracted.-Rheumatic swelling of l. wrist and big toe, bluish red, with pains as if somebody sawed at his bones with a dull saw; > by heat of stove; < from sundown to sunrise; no appetite; has lasted two weeks (rheumatism).-Feeling of numbness in palms and soles, at times a prickly sensation as if numb parts were punctured by a great number of needles.-Excruciating arthritis; swelling, heat, and redness intense.-Rheumatism, muscles are caked in hard knots or lumps.
22. Upper Limbs.-Rheumatism of shoulder-joint or at insertion of deltoid, < from raising arm laterally.-Can only raise arms to a right angle with axilla; trying to force them higher causes muscles to suddenly become paralysed and they drop pendant (n).-Lameness and pain of arm on motion, < on raising arm up in front as if reaching; pain located about insertion of deltoid in upper third of humerus, not painful to pressure.-Fingers and thumbs have runarounds (infantile syphilis).-Always washing the hands.-Hands badly ulcerated on backs (s.s.).-R. second finger swollen and stiffened (s.s.).
23. Lower Limbs.-Swelling of legs from knees down, soles painful when standing on them; swelling goes down in morning, comes back at night.-Pains in lower extremities, excruciating, completely banish sleep; < from hot fomentations; > pouring cold water on them (n).-Cannot sit in a low chair, or squat down, owing to loss of control over knee and hip-joints (n).-Pains in long bones of lower extremities, also in joints (n.).-Dull pain over backs of feet to toes, began soon after getting into bed, lasting until 4 or 5 a.m.-For two or three winters intense cold pain in both legs, < in l., came on every night on lying down, lasting all night; > by getting up and walking, and in warm weather.-Pain in three toes of r. foot as if disjointed.-Slight contraction of tendons beneath r. knee (psoas abscess).-Tearing pains in hip and thighs, < at night, > about daybreak, > by walking, not affected by weather (improved).-Redness and rawness with terrible itching between toes (s.s.).-Bubo with pain in spot on middle of r. thigh in front, only when standing and on deep pressure, which seemed to touch spot, which was apparently on periosteum.-Two ulcers larger than a crown piece, dirty stinking, slouching, with jagged, elevated edges, one on thigh above patella another on head of tibia; two large pieces of bone came away from head of tibia (s.s.).-Osteosarcoma in centre of r. tibia the size of half an ostrich egg, pains agonising at night, growth irregular, spongy, partly laminated, very hard (s.s.).-Contracted, painful feeling in soles, as if tendons were too short.
24. Generalities.-Utter prostration and debility in morning.-Epilepsy.-Dwarfed, shrivelled-up, old-looking babies and children.-Epileptic convulsions after menses.
25. Skin.-Pustular eruption on different parts of body; in patches on certain places, particularly on wrists and shins, where bones are nearest cuticle, and isolated other large pustules on other parts, these break, discharging an ichorous fluid for one or two days, then heal, leaving characteristic pockmark cicatrice; patches take longer to heal, discharging same fluid till healing process commences.-After healing of chancre a fresh pustular eruption appears on different parts of body, which, when pustules have discharged an ichorous liquid and healed up, leaves fresh coppery pockmarks Medorr. removed it permanently, causing it to turn yellow-brown, dry at edges and scale off, leaving skin permanently clear and free.-Biting sensation in different parts of body, as if bitten by bugs, at night only.-Syphilitic rash, very prominent on forehead, chin, arms and front of thorax, an abundance of fine scales peeling off; large prominent spot on centre of forehead, filled with fluid, as also are some smaller patches (s.s.).-Syphilitic bullae discharging freely on cheeks, under chin, on back of shoulders, on scalp and other parts of body (infantile syphilis).-Maculae; copper-coloured (s.s.).-Pemphigus, looking like a pock, often confluent and persistently reappears.-Skin bluish.
26. Sleep.-Great restlessness at night, impossible to keep leg in one position.-Absolute sleeplessness (vies with Sul. in producing quiet, refreshing sleep).-Wakes soon after midnight and cannot sleep again till 6 a.m.
27. Fever.-Great pains in head, whole body extremely cold, looked blue; wanted to be covered with blankets or couldn't get warm; no appetite; sleeping almost continually, could not be roused (s.s.).-Nervous chills preceded by pains in head, esp. occiput and scalp of that part; pains below waist, in pelvis, legs, esp. tibia, which is sensitive to touch; bowels torpid; cross, irritable, peevish; pains begin every day 4 p.m., culminate at midnight, disappear at daylight.-After retiring nerve chill beginning in anus, running down legs; desire for stool, > by profuse urination and by eructations.-Fever: dry, hot, shortly after going to bed, parted lips, great thirst; 11 to 1 daily.-Sweat: profuse at night, sleepless and restless; esp. between scapulae and down to waist, with excessive general debility.