Tartrate of Potash. Cream of Tartar. K2C4H4O6. Trituration. Solution.
Characteristics.-A few symptoms of this well-known substance are collected in Allen, and among them pain in loins and paraplegia are very noticeable. There is vomiting of blackish green fluid; faeces like coffee-grounds; and pain in umbilical region with great thirst.
Relations.-Compare: Ant. t., Tart. ac.
8. Mouth.-Tongue brown and dry.
11. Stomach.-Great thirst and pain in umbilical region.-Violent vomiting and diarrhoea.-Vomits a blackish green fluid.-Inflammation of stomach and intestines.
12. Abdomen.-Pain in umbilical region with thirst.-Flatulence and griping.-Diarrhoea; and violent vomiting.-Faeces like coffee-grounds.
19. Heart.-Pulse feeble.
20. Back.-Pain in loins.
23. Lower Limbs.-Thighs and legs paralysed.
24. Generalities.-Emaciation.-Extreme weakness, can scarcely walk.