Gambogia.Mehr Information und bestellen bei Remedia Homöopathie
Gamboge. Gummi Gutti. N. O. Guttiferae. Tincture of the resinous gum obtained from a tree (Garcinia morella) native to China.
Clinical.-Anus, affections of. Backache. Blow, effects of. Coccygodynia. Colic. Diarrhoea. Eyes, inflammation of. Lienteria. Throat, sore. Typhlitis.
Characteristics.-The chief reputation of Gamboge among homoeopaths is as a remedy for diarrhoea. "Profuse watery diarrhoea, particularly with old people," is characteristic. Stool preceded by excessive cutting about navel; stool expelled all at once after considerable urging; and is followed by a feeling of great relief. Stools: yellow (the colour of the drug); green; bloody; lienteric. Burning in anus after stool; anus sore and excoriated. Frightful vomiting and purging, with fainting. But this action by no means exhausts the range of Gamb.; it has a number of symptoms in the eyes and throat; and also rheumatic symptoms. Pain in small of back, as if bruised or sprained. Pain in sacrum, resulting from a blow, was cured in one case of mine. Gnawing in coccyx. Burning pains are prominent. Burning in the liver. (Like many other yellow, bile-like drugs, Gamb. acts markedly on the liver.) Most symptoms are > by motion; cough > sitting up; > in open air; < towards evening or at night. There is periodicity in the symptoms. General soreness over the body.
Relations.-Antidoted by: Camph., Coff., Coloc., Kali c., Op. Compare: Aloe, Podo., Puls. (cough > sitting up; > open air); Apocy. c. (stool expelled all once; but Gamb. has cutting before and > after stool); Crot. t. (Crot. has stool in one gush, but Gamb. is not < from least food or drink like Crot.).
1. Mind.-Cheerful, talkative, feeling of case, great lightness of all his motions.
2. Head.-Vertigo during rest or motion, in morning on rising.-Pain in the vertex, as if bruised, in the forenoon; > in open air.-Heaviness in the head, with drowsiness and pain in the back.-Heat rises to the head, with perspiration.
3. Eyes.-Itching of the inner canthi, with discharge of acrid, corrosive tears after rubbing; > in open air.-Nightly agglutination of the lids; burning in the morning.-Violent itching of the eyes in the evening.-Burning of the eyes, > by walking in the open air.-Violent burning of the eyes and photophobia, in evening or afternoon, > from walking in the open air, but returning in the morning.
4. Ears.-Lancination in the ears.
5. Nose.-Sneezing (in daytime).-Violent chronic sneezing.-Ulceration of r. nostril, with burning pain.-Dryness of r. nostril.-Much mucus in the nose, smelling like pus.
8. Mouth.-Feeling of coldness in the points of the incisors.-Dry mouth.-Burning of the anterior half, or only of the tip of the tongue, which feels hard.
9. Throat.-Violent stinging in r. side of throat.-Stinging in the r. side of the throat during and between the acts of deglutition.-Sore pain in the throat, which is felt when even touching the outer side of the neck.-Roughness and burning in throat, causing constant hawking.-The throat feels swollen.
11. Stomach.-Bitter taste in the mouth.-Nausea, with accumulation of water in the mouth and gulping up of sour water.-Nausea proceeding from the stomach.-Violent empty eructations.-Frightful vomiting and purging, with fainting.-Dartings in the stomach, causing one to start.-Acute darting, stitching pains in the stomach.-Gnawing in the stomach.-Aversion to food.-Violent thirst in the evening.-Ulcerative pain in the stomach, passing off after eating.
12. Abdomen.-Empty feeling in the stomach and abdomen.-Inflation and tension in the abdomen.-Inflation and tension of the abdomen, with pinching in the umbilical region.-Gnawing in a small spot below the umbilicus.-Pinching in the abdomen and groins.-In the groins sticking, tension.-Burning in the region of the liver.-Rumbling in the bowels.
13. Stool and Anus.-Frequent emission of flatulence; esp. evening and night.-Diarrhoea, with burning pain and tenesmus of the rectum, prolapsus ani, and constant pinching around the umbilicus, sometimes attended with discharge of mucus.-Watery diarrhoea, with colic and tenesmus.-Faecal diarrhoea, stools evacuated with great force.-Yellow and green diarrhoeic stool, mixed with mucus, preceded by excessive cutting around the umbilicus.-Hard, insufficient stool, with violent urging, pressing, and protrusion of the rectum.-Hard stool, succeeded by burning at the anus.
14. Urinary Organs.-Infrequent urination.-Emission of a few drops at a time, then intermitting, and finally returning, with burning at the orifice.
16. Female Sexual Organs.-Leucorrhoea.-Menses too early and too profuse.
17. Respiratory Organs.-Sensation of soreness in every part of the chest.-Pressure in the middle of the chest.-Stitches going from both sides of the chest towards each other.-Repeated extremely painful stitches in the sternum.
20. Back.-Pain in the small of the back, as if bruised or as if sprained.-Gnawing in the os coccygis.
22. Upper Limbs.-Stitch on the top of r. shoulder.-Stinging and numb feeling in the ball of r. thumb.
23. Lower Limbs.-Cramp in the calf, with contraction of the toes.-Heaviness and languor of the feet.
24. Generalities.-Itching and formication in various parts.-Pains, as if bruised.-Tearing in the shoulders.-Burning sensation in various parts.-Burning-stinging pain.-Increased heat, with anxiety.-Gnawing.
25. Skin.-Intolerable itching and formication in various parts.-After scratching, burning and ulcerative pain.-Itching blisters on both hands, first pale, then red.
26. Sleep.-Drowsiness the whole day.-Sleepiness, great inclination to sleep.-Anxious, vexatious dreams.
27. Fever.-Chill, proceeding from the back, with coldness of the whole body from evening till morning.-Chilliness is accompanied by empty eructations, yawning, thirst, pain in the small of the back, biting as of ants over the whole body (by night), excessive stitches in the ears.-Increased warmth, with anxiety and perspiration.-Night-sweat all over. Violent thirst in the evening.