Iodide of Lime. Ca I2.
Clinical.-Cancer. Consumption. Flatulence. Glandular swellings. Headache. Mollities ossium. Tumours of the breast.
Characteristics.-Calc. iod. has had a short proving, but it has been used mostly on indications suggested by its two components in the diseases named above. It is similar to Baryt. iod. in its action on enlarged glands, and is especially indicated for enlarged tonsils honey-combed with little crypts. Riding against a cold wind = headache. C. L. Nicholls has cured a number of cases of breast tumour with the 3x; nodular tumours, movable, tender to touch, painful on moving arm.
Relations.-Compare: Calc., Baryt., Calc. ph., Carb. v.
2. Head.-Light-headed.-Giddy headache.-"Sensation as if the head wasn't, yet was.".-Headache whilst riding against a cold wind.-Constant, severe, dull headache, forehead and temples; < stooping.-Sharp, piercing pain in r. temple.
8. Mouth.-Dry, furred feeling on lips and tongue.-Bitter taste > by tobacco.-Astringent taste.
11. Stomach.-Eructations; hiccough; nausea.
12. Abdomen.-Rumbling in bowels.-Constant evacuation of large quantities of wind downwards.
25. Skin.-Itching in various parts, disappearing and reappearing in other parts, only > after much scratching.