Caper Spurge. N. O. Euphorbiaceae. The symptoms are the effects of poisoning by seeds. A tincture of the whole plant is made.
Clinical.-Cholera. Diarrhoea. Dysentery.
Characteristics.-The chief symptoms of E. lath. are: Retching and vomiting and bloody stools with brilliant eyes, flushed face; the abdomen is drawn inward. The whole body is stiff and icy cold. Uneasiness.
3. Eyes.-Brilliant eyes.-Staring look.-Pupils dilated with wide-open eyes.
6. Face.-Deadly pale.-Glowing hot cheeks.
11. Stomach.-Retching and vomiting.-Sudden violent vomiting with bloody stools.
12. Abdomen.-Abdomen drawn inward.
13. Stools.-Copious, frequent; violent purgation.-Bloody stools.
19. Heart.-Pulse small, irregular.
27. Fever.-Pallor and coldness of surface.-Skin burning hot; glowing hot cheeks.