E. vulgaris. N. O. Gnetaceae. Tincture of branches and flowers.
Clinical.-Exophthalmic goÃ®tre. Headache.
Characteristics.-Ephedra has been proved in Russia by Dr. B. H. Mouravow (Universal Homoeopathic Annual, p. 56). It produced symptoms when twenty drops of a strong alcoholic extract were taken five times a day; fifteen drops four times a day having been taken without apparent effect. Extreme apathy was produced, stiff-neck, and backward pulling of whole body on turning the head. There was also starting of the eyes from the orbits as if pushed out. This suggested exophthalmic goÃ®tre to Mouravow, who considered that the drug acted on the ganglions of the sympathetic nerve, and caused congestion of the spinal cord.
Relations.-Compare: Ferr., Iod., Lycopus v., Spong., Thyroid. (exophthalmos).
1. Mind.-Extreme apathy.
2. Head.-Violent headache, nausea, general weakness; slow pulse.-L. side hemicrania with numbness of entire l. arm.
3. Eyes.-Heavy eyes, starting from their orbits, as if pushed out, pain in the eye (after second dose on third day. On fifth day exophthalmos was increased).
12. Abdomen.-Dull pain in region of spleen.
14. Urinary Organs.-From early morning great fatigue, retention of the urine (fourth day).
19. Heart.-Abatement of pulse (from 68 to 62 in one case), notwith standing increased rapidity of action of heart.-Strong heart-beat with weakening of pulse; respiration accelerated.
20. Neck and Back.-Stiffness of neck (with exophthalmos).-Stiffness of neck and backward pulling of all the body on turning head and a dull pain in region of spleen.
21. Limbs.-Towards evening heaviness in all the limbs.
22. Upper Limbs.-Numbness of entire l. arm, with l.-side hemicrania.
24. Generalities.-General weakness; from early morning great fatigue.
26. Sleep.-Longing for sleep.
Ephedra Vulgaris. ist verfügbar bei Remedia HomöopathieMehr Information und bestellen bei Remedia Homöopathie
66,000 Kunden aus 67 Ländern