B. purgans. N. O. Fungi. Trituration.
Clinical.-Diarrhoea. Dysentery. Fever. Gall-bladder, affections of. Headache. Liver, diseases of.
Characteristics.-Burt proved the crude substance and the 3rd trituration. The gastro-enteric irritation common to the Fungi was very well marked. Motion < headache.
Relations.-Compare. Agaric., &c. Coccul. (head hollow).
1. Mind.-Very gloomy and despondent.-Irritated at the least trifle.-Absent-minded.
2. Head.-Head feeling very light and hollow, with deep frontal headache and great faintness.
3. Eyes.-Agglutination of eyelids every morning, with dull, aching pains in eyeballs.
8. Mouth.-Teeth and gums very sore.-Tongue: white coat; thick yellow coat showing marks of teeth.-Taste: flat; coppery; unnatural, of all food; lost.
11. Stomach.-Feeling in fauces as if would vomit.-Nausea and vomiting.-Great faintness at epigastrium.
12. Abdomen.-Severe cutting pains in stomach every few minutes, with dull, aching distress in umbilicus, and loud rumbling in bowels all night.-Heavy dragging pains in liver, more in r. lobe.-Dull, burning distress; drawing; aching in r. lobe of liver with frontal Headache.-Sharp cutting pains in r. lobe of liver and whole dorsal region on full inspiration.-Sharp cutting pains near gall-bladder.-Burning distress in region of gall-bladder all afternoon, with sharp pains in stomach and heavy aching in whole liver, esp. r. lobe.-Severe, dull, aching distress just below stomach, causing great faintness.
13. Stool.-Straining after stool.-Stool: Thin, yellow papescent; mixed with something looking like oil in large and small drops; followed by aching in liver and umbilicus.-Black, lumpy, dry stools mixed with bile and mucus.-Stools of bile, mucus, and blood, with high fever.-Lienteria.
20. Back.-Dull, aching distress in back and legs.
24. Generalities.-Great restlessness after midnight.-Faintness after stool.-Aching distress in all joints.
27. Fever.-Chilliness along spine with frequent hot flashes of fever.-Disposition to yawn and stretch when chilly.-Face hot and flushed with severe frontal headache.-Hands hot and dry.-Waking at midnight two different nights in a profuse perspiration.